Orlando Fun Tickets
Las Vegas Deals
I know, I know. A lot
of you have been patiently waiting to hear about who won JHM's most recent
trivia contest. And I apologize for the delay. But I have been traveling a lot
over the past month or so. And between covering the opening of Cars Land at
Disney California Adventure, "Brave" 's world premiere in Hollywood, "Despicable
Me: Minion Mayhem" at Universal Studios Florida, Disney Consumer Products'
Holiday Showcase in New York City and Comic-Con International in San Diego (not
to mention touring / visiting LEGOLAND California, LEGOLAND Florida, SeaWorld
San Diego, Discovery Cove at SeaWorld Orlando, the Gaylord Palms Resort and
Convention Center, Disney's Art of Animation Resort), it's been a very busy,
crazy time for me.
Anyway ... After a quick stop at Universal Studios Hollywood
this morning (to experience that theme park's new "Transformers The Ride
3D" attraction) and then a drive up to Simi Valley to check out that
recent "D23 presents Treasures of the Disney Archives" exhibit at the
Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum, I finally fly home to New Hampshire
tomorrow and then start turning all this great new, raw material into fun,
informative articles for JHM readers.
Copyright Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved
But to tide you guys over 'til then, let me now reveal that
Ed Kuyon won last month's Disney trio contest by naming:
1) The Good Fairies from "Sleeping Beauty" ANSWER:
Flora, Fauna &Merryweather
2) Donald Duck's nephews ANSWER: Huey, Dewey & Louie
3) Daisy Duck's nieces
ANSWER: April, May & June
4) The Fates in Disney's "Hercules" ANSWER:
Clotho, Lachesis & Atropos
5) The Three Caballeros ANSWER: Panchito, Jose Carioca &Donald Duck
6) Duchess' kittens in "The Aristocats" ANSWER: Marie,
Toulouse & Berlioz
7) The Three Little Pigs ANSWER: Practical, Fifer & Fiddler
8) The dogs & the cat in Disney's 1963 version of
"The Incredible Journey" ANSWER: Bodger, Luath & Tao
Copyright Walt Disney Productions. All rights reserved
9) The dogs & the cat in Disney's 1993 remake of
"The Incredible Journey," "Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey"
ANSWER: Chance, Shadow & Sassy
10) That trio of trick-or-treaters from "Tim Burton's
The Nightmare Before Christmas" which Jack Skellington sent out to
"Kidnap the Sandy Claws." ANSWER: Lock, Shock & Barrel
11) The unofficial names that Walt Disney Imagineering has
given to the Hitchhiking Ghosts in "The Haunted Mansion" ANSWER: Ezra,
Gus & Phineas
12) Those three hyenas that menace Simba & Nala in
"The Lion King" ANSWER: Ed, Shenzi & Banzai
13) In "Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland," who
does the Knave of Hearts call " ... my favorite trio of lunatics?"
ANSWER: Mad Hatter, March Hare & Dormouse
And because he properly answered all thirteen of these trivia
questions, Ed Kuyon will soon receive a copy of "Disney Trivia from the Vault:
Secrets Revealed and Questions Answered" (Disney Editions, June 2012).
And for the rest of you, who have been so great about
bearing with me over the past month or so while I was doing all of this
work-related travel, I thought that I'd give you the chance to compete in
JHM's very first bear-themed trivia contest.
To be specific, I'm looking for the answers to these
1) Which 1937 Silly Symphony features a young Indian brave
tangling with a Grizzly Bear and her cub?
2) Name the 1939 short where Mickey Mouse mistakes a bear
3) Name Br'er Fox's partner-in-crime in Disney's 1946
release, "Song of the South."
4) Name the circus bear who made his first appearance in
1947's "Fun and Fancy Free."
Copyright Disney Enterprises, Inc.All rights reserved
5) Who played this circus bear's love interest?
6) Finally, name the "toughest bear in the forest"
who then menaced that circus bear in this package film.
7) Which cuddly little cubby made his Disney debut in a 1966
8) Name the bear character that Phil Harris voiced in the
studio's 1967 release, "The Jungle Book" ?
9) Name the bear cub that Moki (John Yesno) rescues in Disney's
live-action feature, "King of the Grizzlies."
10) Which bear-themed attraction opened at WDW's Magic
Kingdom on October 1, 1971?
11) Name the Audio-Animatronic MC of this Frontierland
12) Name all of the members of the Five Bear Rugs.
13) Name the never-built Disney ski resort that this bear-themed attraction was
originally designed for.
14) Name the bear character that Phil Harris voices in
Disney's 1973 release, "Robin Hood."
15) Who animated the fearsome grizzly in Disney's 1981
release, "The Fox and the Hound"?
16) Name the bear-shaped mountain which looms over Disney
California Adventure Park.
17) Who voiced Kenai in Walt Disney Animation Studios' 2003
release, "Brother Bear"?
Copyright Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved
18) Name the young cub that Kenai had to watch over in this animated feature?
19) Who voiced Nita, Kenai's love interest in "Brother
Bear 2," the direct-to-video sequel to this 2003 release?
20) Name the heavily-merchandised teddy bear that Minnie supposedly
made for Mickey.
21) Who voices the character who becomes the Mumbear in Pixar's "Brave" ?
Copyright Disney Pixar. All rights reserved
22) Name the demon bear found in this same Pixar film.
23) Name the bear-themed land that just opened at Hong Kong
As you may have noticed, there are 23 questions in this
trivia contest. Well, there's a good reason for that. In honor of JHM's biggest
trivia contest ever, D23 -- The Official Disney Fan Club -- has contributed the
biggest prize we've ever offered. Which is the chance to win a pair of tickets
to D23's Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animated Features event that'll be
held at the Disneyland Hotel on August 11th & 12th.
If you'd like to compete in this week's JHM trivia contest,
please send your answers along to firstname.lastname@example.org. More to the point,
all entries must be received by 12 midnight ET on Thursday, July 26th / Friday
July 27th in order to qualify. And the winner of Trivia Contest No. 7 (who will be randomly selected from all of
the correct entries that come in over the next eleven days) will be announced
here on this site next Friday morning.
I'd enter the contest, Jim, but I don't know if I could bear it if I lost. The competition's sure to be pretty grizzly. (Rimshot)
Dear JIM Hill
What is up with Pixar Suddenly producing Finding Nemo 2 and why does deadline mention that if he does it he gets andrew staton gets another chance with disney at doing live action. Isn't John Carter's Failure the previous marketing department fault not Staton's