Helen Mirren, Alfred Molina, Dave Foley, Sean P. Hayes and More Join Billy Crystal, John Goodman and Steve Buscemi in a Remarkable Roster of Monster Voices
BURBANK, Calif. (April 17, 2013) — Disney•Pixar's "Monsters University" welcomes some of Hollywood's top stars to its roster of voice talent for this summer's frighteningly funny comedy adventure, opening in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2013. Joining Billy Crystal and John Goodman are Steve Buscemi, Helen Mirren, Alfred Molina, Dave Foley, Sean P. Hayes, Joel Murray, Peter Sohn, Charlie Day, Nathan Fillion, Bobby Moynihan, Julia Sweeney, Aubrey Plaza, Tyler Labine, John Krasinski, Bonnie Hunt, Beth Behrs and John Ratzenberger. Also revealed this week were the story and screenplay credits. Directed by Dan Scanlon, "Monsters University" features a story and screenplay by Daniel Gerson & Robert L. Baird ("Monsters, Inc.") and Scanlon.
Scanlon says the cast was able to bring the story to life with great ingenuity and enthusiasm. "Working with this group of actors was an extraordinary experience. They each brought a unique level of humor, emotion and creativity to their work that not only complemented their individual performances, but made the overall story come together in a really wonderful way."
The voice cast includes the following:
· Billy Crystal ("Parental Guidance," "When Harry Met Sally," "City Slickers") reprises his role as Mike Wazowski, now a college-age monster who follows his dream of becoming a Scarer at Monsters University.
· John Goodman ("Argo," "Flight," "Trouble With the Curve") returns as James P. Sullivan (Sulley), an overly confident, young hotshot Scaring student at Monsters University.
· Steve Buscemi ("Boardwalk Empire") rejoins the monster world as Randy Boggs, a Monsters University freshman who is ready to experience all that college has to offer (if only he can curb his habit of disappearing).
· Helen Mirren ("Hitchcock," "The Queen") gives voice to Dean Hardscrabble, legendary Scarer and hard-to-please head of Monsters University's prestigious School of Scaring.
· Alfred Molina (TNT's "Monday Mornings," "The Da Vinci Code," "Frida") is the voice of Professor Knight, an esteemed professor in Monsters University's School of Scaring.
· Dave Foley (TV's "NewsRadio," "The Kids in the Hall") as Terry Perry, the skeptical half of a bickering two-headed monster and dedicated Oozma Kappa (OK) brother.
· Sean P. Hayes ("The Three Stooges," TV's "Up All Night") gives voice to Terri Perry, the more sensitive side of a two-headed Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity brother with Scaring aspirations.
· Joel Murray (TV's "Mad Men," "Two and a Half Men") voices Don Carlton, a "mature" student at Monsters University and a founding member of the Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity.
· Pixar's Peter Sohn ("Ratatouille," "Small Fry") provides the voice of Scott "Squishy" Squibbles, an undeclared sophomore at Monsters University and Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity member who still lives with his doting mother.
· Charlie Day ("Horrible Bosses," "Pacific Rim," TV's "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia") provides the voice of the incomparable Art, an Oozma Kappa (OK) fraternity brother with a questionable past.
· Nathan Fillion ("Much Ado About Nothing," "Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters," TV's "Castle") portrays Johnny Worthington, the confident president of Roar Omega Roar (ROR), a Monsters University fraternity that prides itself on its notable Scarers.
· Bobby Moynihan (NBC's "Saturday Night Live," HBO's "Girls," DreamWorks Studios' "Delivery Man") helps bring to life Chet Alexander, a yes-monster member of the Roar Omega Roar (ROR) fraternity.
· Julia Sweeney (TV's "The Goode Family," "Saturday Night Live") lends her voice to Ms. Squibbles, indulgent mother to Monsters University sophomore Scott "Squishy" Squibbles.
· Aubrey Plaza ("To Do List," TV's "Parks and Recreation") gives voice to Claire Wheeler, the somber president of Monsters University's Greek Council and emcee for the annual Scare Games.
· Tyler Labine ("Tucker & Dale vs. Evil," "Mad Love") was tapped to voice Brock Pearson, vice president of the Greek Council and enthusiastic emcee of the Scare Games.
· John Krasinski ("Promised Land," TV's "The Office") provides the voice of "Frightening" Frank McCay, a Scaring super star at Monsters, Inc.
· Bonnie Hunt (TV's "The Bonnie Hunt Show," "Cheaper By the Dozen") was called on to provide the voice of young Mike Wazowski's grade school teacher Karen Graves.
· Beth Behrs (TV's "2 Broke Girls") serves as the voice of Carrie Williams, fearless leader of the Python Nu Kappa (PNK) sorority.
· John Ratzenberger ("Cheers," Disney•Pixar's feature films) returns to the Pixar recording studio as the voice of a Monsters, Inc. employee.
Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney•Pixar's "Monsters University" is directed by Dan Scanlon ("Cars," "Mater and the Ghostlight," "Tracy"), produced by Kori Rae ("Up," "The Incredibles," "Monsters, Inc.") and features music from future Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Randy Newman ("Monsters, Inc.," "Toy Story 3").
Disney’s New Trailer Reveals How Ralph & Vanellope Get to the Internet in “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2”
When “Wreck-It Ralph” opened on Nov. 2, 2012, it turned in the highest opening weekend ever for a Walt Disney Animation Studios film at the time of release. Now Disney is hoping Ralph will not only break the Internet but the 2018 Thanksgiving boxoffice records as well.
The film re-teams the original director, producer and co-writer behind “Wreck-It Ralph.” The screenplay is currently being written by Phil Johnston and Pamela Ribon. Director Rich Moore, producer Clark Spencer, and co-writer Phil Johnston partnered with fellow director Byron Howard and co-writer/co-director Jared Bush to create the Academy Award®-winning blockbuster feature “Zootopia.”
ROYAL REUNION – In “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck It Ralph 2,” Vanellope von Schweetz-along with her best friend Ralph-ventures into the uncharted world of the internet. When she finds herself surrounded by Disney princesses, she’s surprised to learn that she actually has a lot in common with them. The scene, highlighted in a new trailer for the film (below), features several of the original princess voices, including Auli’i Cravalho (“Moana”), Kristen Bell (Anna in “Frozen”), Idina Menzel (Elsa in “Frozen”), Kelly MacDonald (Merida in “Brave”), Mandy Moore (Rapunzel in “Tangled”), Anika Noni Rose (Tiana in “The Princess and the Frog”), Ming-Na Wen (“Mulan”), Irene Bedard (“Pocahontas”), Linda Larkin (Jasmine in “Aladdin”), Paige O’Hara (Belle in “Beauty and the Beast”) and Jodi Benson (Ariel in “The Little Mermaid”). Featuring Sarah Silverman as the voice of Vanellope, “Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck It Ralph 2” opens in theaters nationwide Nov. 21, 2018.
“RALPH BREAKS THE INTERNET: WRECK-IT RALPH 2”
WALT DISNEY ANIMATION STUDIOS
U.S. Release Date: Nov. 21, 2018
Voice cast: John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Taraji P. Henson, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk
Directors: Rich Moore, Phil Johnston
Producer: Clark Spencer
Marvel Fans: See Props, Costumes, New Games, Exclusive Content and More at Disney’s D23 EXPO 2017 in Anaheim
MARVEL ANNOUNCES EPIC EXPERIENCES FOR FANS AT DISNEY’S D23 EXPO 2017 IN ANAHEIM, JULY 14-16
BURBANK, Calif. (June 1, 2017) – Marvel will make its way to D23 Expo’s show floor from July 14-16 with an exciting look at its upcoming film titles in the Marvel Studios Pavilion, featuring an array of props and costumes from the Studios’ upcoming slate, including Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther, and more.
In Marvel Studios’ Thor: Ragnarok, in theaters November 2017, Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok-the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization-at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela., played by Cate Blanchette.
But first he must survive the Grandmaster’s gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger-the Incredible Hulk.
Fans will get an up-close look at the costumes and props from this highly anticipated movie as well as photo opportunities with exclusive set pieces from the film.
The incredible costumes from Black Panther will also be on display.
Black Panther follows the journey of T’Challa after the events of Marvel Studios’ Captain America: Civil War,where he returns to the isolated, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country’s new leader.
In addition to the exciting props and costumes on display, Marvel Studios will host multiple giveaways and events within its pavilion space in Hall B.
Fans will get the chance to meet with Marvel Studios’ filmmakers, development team, and talent. Exclusive artwork will be given away daily, along with other surprises. Details on talent appearances and special signings will be made available on the D23 Expo app.
Fans will also be able to enjoy all-new console and mobile Marvel Games, plus incredible exclusive content and announcements throughout the weekend!
For the first time at D23 Expo, guests will be able to get their hands on the hottest new console and mobile games featuring favorite Marvel Super Heroes, playing as the world-famous Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man, and more!
LEGO®Marvel Super Heroes 2 is an all-new, original adventure and sequel to the smash hit LEGO®Marvel Super Heroes.Bringing together iconic Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains from different eras and realities, along with signature LEGO humor,the latest epic adventure from TT Games transports players into a cosmic battle across myriad Marvel locations ripped from time and space into the incredible open hub world of Chronopolis.
Adding to the infinite excitement of D23 Expo, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite will offer attendees hands-on opportunities with the next era of the highly revered action-fighting game series.
Marvel and Capcom universes collide like never before as iconic characters team up for action-packed player-versus-player combat.
Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite features a variety of exciting and accessible single-player modes and rich multi-player content for new players and longtime fans alike and will be released on September 19, 2017, for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Gazillion will offer a chance to play Marvel Heroes Omega and win fantastic prizes.
Marvel Heroes Omega combines the core gameplay style of Action-RPGs and MMOs with an expansive library of heroes from the Marvel Universe. With thousands of hours of character progression and rewards,Marvel Heroes Omegacomes packed with tons of replay value and a steady stream of new challenges with regular updates.
Netmarble is bringing its best to D23 Expo with MARVEL: Future Fight.
Featuring 120 Marvel Super Heroes to choose from, players create teams of their favorites to fight for their future. D23 Expo attendees can try their hand at saving the universe.
Marvel Puzzle Quest is where the best in match-3 puzzle gameplay meets Marvel’s biggest Super Heroes and Super Villains in the most epic puzzle adventure game available on your phone, tablet, and PC.
Marvel Puzzle Questcombines favorite Marvel characters with deep RPG leveling, player-versus-player tournaments, Alliances, and much more. Guests can unleash their inner Super Hero and wage war against their enemies. Learn more atwww.marvelpuzzlequest.com.
Marvel will present incredible panels during D23 Expo, including the fan-favorite Cup o’ Joe on Friday, July 14, at 1:15 p.m. in the D23 Expo Arena, featuring Chief Creative Officer of Marvel, Joe Quesada, in a no-holds-barred panel of everything Marvel!
That same day at 6 p.m. on Stage 28, Marvel Animation presents a surprise-filled panel of sneak peeks, special guests, exclusive footage, and big announcements about the future of Marvel Animation on Stage 28. Details will be available on the D23 Expo app.
Tickets for D23 Expo 2017 are available for $81 for one-day adult admission and $59 forchildren 3-9. Membersof D23: The Official Disney Fan Club can purchase tickets for $72 for a one-day adult admission and $53 for children 3-9. Multi-day tickets are also available.
For more information on tickets and D23 Expo 2017, visit D23Expo.com.
Shanghai To Host World Premiere Of Disney’s “Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”
First-ever Mainland China Hollywood Movie World Premiere Will Take Place at Shanghai Disney Resort with an
All-star Lineup of Special Guests on May 11
BURBANK, CALIF. (April 25, 2017)-Disney announced today that Disney/Jerry Bruckheimer Films’ “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” will have its World Premiere in Shanghai, China, at Shanghai Disney Resort on Thursday, May 11, marking the first time a Hollywood movie will premiere in Mainland China. Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom, Geoffrey Rush, Javier Bardem, Brenton Thwaites, directors Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg, and producer Jerry Bruckheimer plan to attend the gala event.
The red-carpet event will take place in Disneytown at Shanghai Disney Resort. After the red carpet, the “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” screening will be held in Walt Disney Grand Theatre at Disneytown. Shanghai Disney Resort is also home to Shanghai Disneyland, featuring Treasure Cove, the first pirate-themed land at a Disney park, inspired by the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
Premiere guests will enjoy a stunning presentation of the film in Dolby Vision laser projection and Dolby Atmos immersive audio provided by Dolby and delivered through QSC speakers and amplifiers with Q-SYS control at the Walt Disney Grand Theatre.
Samsung is the title sponsor of the World Premiere of “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” which will be released on May 26 in China, day and date with its release in the U.S.
About the Movie:
Johnny Depp returns to the big screen as the iconic, swashbuckling anti-hero Jack Sparrow in the all-new “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.” The rip-roaring adventure finds down-on-his-luck Captain Jack feeling the winds of ill-fortune blowing strongly his way when deadly ghost sailors, led by the terrifying Captain Salazar (Javier Bardem), escape from the Devil’s Triangle bent on killing every pirate at sea-notably Jack. Jack’s only hope of survival lies in the legendary Trident of Poseidon, but to find it he must forge an uneasy alliance with Carina Smyth (Kaya Scodelario), a brilliant and beautiful astronomer, and Henry (Brenton Thwaites), a headstrong young sailor in the Royal Navy. At the helm of the Dying Gull, his pitifully small and shabby ship, Captain Jack seeks not only to reverse his recent spate of ill fortune, but to save his very life from the most formidable and malicious foe he has ever faced.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” also stars Kevin R. McNally as Joshamee Gibbs, Golshifteh Farahani as the sea-witch Shansa, David Wenham as Scarfield, Stephen Graham as Scrum, Orlando Bloom as Will Turner, and Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa.
Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg are directing “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” with Jerry Bruckheimer producing. The executive producers are Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Joe Caracciolo, Jr., Terry Rossio and Brigham Taylor. The story is by Jeff Nathanson and Terry Rossio, and Jeff Nathanson wrote the screenplay. “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales” drops anchor in U.S. theaters on May 26, 2017.
The Closing of Walt Disney World’s “20,000 Leagues Under the Sea”
Original Disneyland Lessee: Van Camp Seafood and The Chicken of the Sea Pirate Ship Restaurant
“Khrushchev at Disneyland” – The Film Walt Disney Almost Made
“Honey, I Made a Science Movie”: Disney Science (1961-1989)
Disney Big Figures: Where They Began, Where They Are Now and Where Are They Going?
“Pokemon — Let’s Go, Pikachu !” & “Pokemon — Let’s Go, Eevee !” to come to the Nintendo Switch this year
Film & Movies5 months ago
“Honey, I Made a Science Movie”: Disney Science (1961-1989)
Film & Movies6 months ago
Love Bug Parade: Disney’s Herbie and Sequels
Theme Parks & Themed Entertainment6 months ago
History of the Reedy Creek Improvement District: Part 1
History8 months ago
Treasure Island: Walt Disney World’s Evolving Island
Film & Movies5 months ago
“Seinfeld” Moms: A Tribute to Two TV Moms We Lost in April 2022, Estelle Harris & Liz Sheridan￼
Theme Parks & Themed Entertainment7 months ago
Toy Story Midway Mania: From DisneyQuest to Mickey Mouse Rides
Film & Movies4 months ago
How Mattel’s “Men in Space” Toyline Lead to the Creation of Buzz Lightyear
Theme Parks & Themed Entertainment8 months ago
Disneyland’s Floral Mickey: Six Days Before Opening